Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 42 Last Day on Captiva


This was our last day on the island and a beautiful morning. After yesterday's storm, I knew shelling would be good on the beach. I went down to the beach at first daylight and was the only one there, but soon  other shellers joined me. This was the first time in 6 weeks that I really did some serious shelling......I was trying to not have a load of shells to take home to add to the many ones that I already have in containers waiting to be used in crafting projects....that's another story. Back to the present... It was a beautiful morning and many birds were feeding and greeting the new day.

Great Blue Heron with his breakfast

I could not resist picking up these shells.

After my shelling excursion, Al and I walked over the bridge and had breakfast at the Sunset Grill...one of the best breakfast spots on the islands.

I made some pictures as we crossed the bridge looking onto the bay side:




On our walk back, we stopped to watch some fishermen, surfers and shellers on the gulf side.



We walked out to the beach in the afternoon, but the wind was too strong for us to stay so we went over to bay side and sat at the dock for awhile watching the birds and fishing boats.

We then packed the car as much as we could  and went to an early dinner at the Lazy Flamingo, our favorite local hang out.  Ate our usual ribs and Caesar salad.  Ready to get an early start in the morning.

No comments: