Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day 31 on Captiva

What a beautiful morning today!  Al was up at 6 and I was up by 6:30.  I did a post to this diary and after coffee I headed to the beach for a walk and some pictures.  There were more people out this morning than other mornings.  A lot of fishing and shelling going on.
 



Yellow Brigade is back this year.

 
Early Birds




 
Made this shot of the eagle nest:
 
After my walk, I made breakfast of eggs, sausage, broiled Parmesan tomatoes, and toast and served on the porch.  Not to waste the beautiful day, we took off for the beach around 1:00. Our favorite spot was already taken so we had to shift down a bit but what a great afternoon we had...... even had some dolphins swim by and one went like a torpedo chasing something near the shore.
 


 
Al enjoyed resting, reading, and listening to the radio.  Did I mention he got his
Bluetooth earpiece working again??  He was so proud of him little self!

 
There were more birds on the beach today including some terns.


 
About 3:30 clouds rolled in and covered the sun so we headed back to the cottage.  I think we were the last to leave the sandy shore.  We settled back in on the porch with beer and books.  And a little later had chips and guacamole.  Margarethe and Rene came over and replaced the cover on the gazebo.  Will have to make use of that tomorrow.
 
I prepared Yellowtail Snapper for dinner.  I made another Veracruz Sauce but with a different recipe than last time.  Used onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, capers, olives, and lime juice.   I placed the cooked sauce in a baking pan with the snapper sprinkled with salt, pepper, and cayenne and baked in the oven.  The fish was so very flaky and a bit zesty with the cayenne.  Enjoyed with rice and green salads.  Another great and tasty dinner served with glasses of wine.
 
 

No comments: