Monday, March 5, 2018

Day 30 Captiva

The temperature this morning was 54 degrees at 7:00, the coolest morning since we have been here.  I stayed inside all morning and wrote posts to my blog and caught up to the present day.  It takes a bit of time to edit pictures and videos that I include.  Al has been reading and finished one book today and began another.  I have read 15 books-- maybe I will list later so that I remember which ones.
I made our fave breakfast-poached eggs, bacon, and bagels. It was warm enough to eat on the porch.

At 3:00, I walked to the beach and Al went to the pool to read.   Today was a busy birding adventure at the beach....the flock of willets was back with marbled godwits mixed in.  Counted 20 willets in one group and over one hundred in another.  Also saw dunlins, lesser yellowlegs, great blue heron and the usual gulls, sanderlings, and brown pelicans.   Also more people on the beach.
 Small flock of Willets:
 Large flock of Willets:
Video of Willets Snoozing 
To view video go to blog by clicking on link at the bottom of email.
Click on arrow to view:



Video of Shorebirds Scurrying
To view video go to blog by clicking on link at the bottom of email.
Click on arrow to view:
 Marbled Godwits with the Willets:


L to R:Lesser Yellowlegs, Willet, Marbled Godwit:
 Lesser Yellowlegs
Black-Bellied Plover
 Dunlin
 Dunlins
Great Blue Heron joins Sunbathers


At 4:30 we had our usual drinks on the porch with a snack.   For dinner I prepared Shrimp   Puttanesca  served arugula salad.

No comments: