Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 40 on Captiva


            
We had another cool morning on the island.  It was a good time to begin packing and organizing our trip home. We  have decided to drive through GA, SC, NC VA, WV and not stop over in TN.  This is a shorter route and we can do in 2 days rather than the 3 we usually do. I spent some time planning out the trip with map quest and reviewing options.
 I served lunch of sandwiches and chicken soup inside because it's a bit cool on the porch.

We did some laundry and packing.  We partially loaded the car so we do not have to it do all in one day. I did some more posting on this blog from the notes that I make daily and photos that I have downloaded.  I try to do the posts daily but it is hard to do so I have to play catch up when I get behind.

I made Shrimp Puttanesca  tonight with a salad and rolls.     This clears out a lot of the ingredients left in the kitchen. I have managed not to have a lot of food and supplies left over after 6 weeks.

These photos are from the garden and grounds of the Vacation House,




No comments: