Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 19 captiva

Coffee with pastries from Bailey Bakery early this am.   I headed to the  beach around 8:30 and found a quiet picture of the gulf:
To view video if you open this in email,  go to blog by clicking link at bottom of email. 
Click on arrow:



Brown pelicans feeding at north end:
Thriller tour boat out early:
Sanderlings in the waves:
And then I spotted a group of seven female red-breasted mergansers swimming in the gulf: 
 
 They came as a group up to the shore line to feed, disappearing underneath the waves to fish.
And then they gathered back into formation and swam off in to the gulf.

To view video if you open this in email,  go to blog by clicking link at bottom of email. 
Click on arrow:
Al had his therapeutic massage at Tween Waters Spa at 10am.  I made him a grilled cheese with roasted red peppers sandwich and I had a ham sandwich.  The red peppers were from the ones that I bought at the Farmers Market and roasted.  I spent time blogging and Al, the laundry man, did some wash.   I took another walk on the beach about 4pm and captured these birds in photos:
Kestrel
 Willet
 Ibis
 Sanderlings
 Ruddy Turnstone
Checked in on the eagle's nest when was back at the cottage:

For dinner we steamed mussels in an Italian tomato wine sauce and served over linguini with arugula salad and ciabatta rolls.  Mussels from Timbers Seafood Market were large and delectable.  I always think of my sister, Cecilia, when we have mussels  because she likes them as much as we do!  Wish she was here instead of rainy Tennessee.

No comments: