Friday, February 9, 2018

Day 6 Captiva

This morning I did a quick walk to the beach to see if the mass of Brown Pelicans were back but to my disappointment they were not.....only a few in the gulf.   After Al and I had our coffee and biscotti, we walked to Santiva General Store to buy a newspaper but they sold the last one as we sat on the porch.

As we walked across the bridge I made these photos of the bay:


 On our return we stopped at Castaways and made more some shots of the bay.


This photo is of the rocks beyond the bridge at Blind Pass.
  We  spent the afternoon reading and sunning on the beach.   Not many birds here but did see a few pelicans swimming in the gulf.
And one lonely Cormorant came to sun on the beach near us:
Here's a quick video:  Go to my blog to view by clicking the arrow:
Tonight for dinner, I made chicken tenders in Sweet Vermouth sauce served with rice flavored with olive bruschetta and green salad.   I was creative with the sweet vermouth because we seem to have a surplus of that ingredient---long story so I will not go into it. 

No comments: