Thursday, February 8, 2018

Day 5 Captiva


Thursday morning began for me with an early  walk on the beach about 8:30.  Al was busy on the porch doing surveys and email. I was amazed by the sight of  hundreds of Brown Pelicans feeding and swimming all along the coast line for as far as I could see in both directions.









  I arrived just in time to observe them for a few minutes before they
slowly began to fly away a few at a time.


I have never seen this many  pelicans in one place and certainly not on this beach.  There were only a few other birds on the shore -couple of willets, plovers, gulls, ruddy turnstone, snowy  egret....




After returning from my walk,  I prepared  pasta (leftover)  with eggs and served with toast and juice.
We spent the afternoon at the Pool.  Dinner tonight was grilled steak by Grillmaster Al with roasted garlic/rosemary potatoes, mushrooms, and green salad.  FYI rosemary was fresh picked from outside the cottage.


No comments: