Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 32 on Captiva

Sand in My EyesToday I finally caught up with daily postings on this diary blog recapping all our days up to yesterday on Captiva Island. Some of my writing may be mundane but I like keeping a record of our time here.  Someday I may enjoy reliving some of our days here when we are too old and feeble to return for the winter weeks.  I just finished reading another book by Christine Lemmon "Sand in My Eyes" - "about an older woman growing flowers, a younger woman caught up in the weeds, and the seasons of life."  It did make me think of the different seasons of my life and about becoming old and older.

Al spent the morning mostly reading and waiting for me to get off the puter. He had some juice and cereal  to hold him over until I made lunch of BLT's.   The afternoon was leisurely spent with time on the beach. Today was the warmest day yet and the beach was a bit more busy.  We saw another dolphin swim by ...have not seen as many this year but it could be just not being in the right place at the right time.  On Monday this week, Al spotted a school of about 4-5 dolphins while I was making pictures of the black skimmers.

Shanghai Style BeefI fixed an easy meal tonight making a frozen dinner, P.F.Chang's  Shanghai Style Beef with a sweet and savory sauce, onions, string beans and red bell peppers that I served over some spaghetti. Just for fun, I included a picture of the bag from the web.  I also made a citrus salad - grapefruit ,oranges, and red onion with a honey dressing.  So easy and we enjoyed having some oriental food.

No comments: