Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 33 on Captiva

No exciting adventures or pictures to report for this post.
Today was massage day for Al.  (Update on his shoulder:  He may have dislocated his shoulder causing the pain but it seemed to pop back in place a few days ago  when he reached for something. His pain is not as bad as it was.)  We drove in to Sanibel for his 9:00 AM appointment.
Afterwards we decided to try another place for breakfast and went to Jerry's which is a food store with a restaurant. We had a great breakfast...no wait....good service....good value.  Al ordered 2 eggs over easy, 2 pancakes, and sausage patties.  I had 2 scrambled eggs, ham, grits, and toast. We will be returning here for more meals.

We then shopped for provisions for meals to cook in.  The early afternoon was too cloudy for the beach but the sky cleared about 3:00 so we did get some time on the beach....was very hot today.  The clouds returned before sunset and it started to rain  around 7 PM.

Felt like comfort food tonight so I made meatloaf using cocktail sauce instead of my regular ingredients since I had a jar of the sauce. It turned out to be delicious but I still like my regular recipe.
Served with corn and tossed salad and garlic rolls.

I watched the DVD "The Help" as Al read and watched some TV.....was not his kind of movie.   I liked the book much better than the movie.....and wonder if I'd even like the movie unless I had read the book?

 

No comments: