Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 3 on Captiva

Another relaxing morning. Coffee, prepared by Al as always, was enjoyed on the porch. Can you believe that  I have not made coffee in over 35 years.  Had light rain early  in day. We spent morning doing what we like....Al on the web and I making a card and checking blogs. Served lunch of egg salad sandwiches with fruit and chips.  We took a walk on the beach and made pictures of the few shorebirds on the beach. Spotted dolphins fairly close to shore line. Feels good to be walking in the sand and in the sun.



  
We went to Sanibel for dinner at the Timbers, one of our faves for seafood. We started with oysters on the half shell and drinks.  Al ordered the stuffed shrimp with salad, steamed veggies, and rice pilaf. I enjoyed the peel n eat shrimp with salad, baked potato, and veggies. Larry was our waiter whom we remembered from past years.

1 comment:

Betty Benton said...

I'm with Al -- that stuffed shrimp would have been my choice!!