Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 10 on Captiva

Another early morning....I slept later than Al who was up very early because he was having trouble sleeping because of noises that  he heard.  Nothing wakes me up!  The weather is cloudy and rainy today.
This morning Al had an appointment with a Massage Therapist to get a massage and get some relief for shoulder pain he has.  The therapist at Massage Time, Joan, who I found online, is from North Jackson, OH and has been in Sanibel about 15 years.   While Al was having his massage, I began reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand which my friend Rita loaned me and recommended.  It is a great book and I am enjoying it.

We had a late lunch at Jerry's Café ...Al had a crunchy grouper sandwich on a grilled Kaiser roll with coleslaw and onion rings.   I  had Taco salad on a bed of tortilla chips...did not like the artificially colored chips of green, red, and black. But overall the food and service was good, but not the wait to be seated.  Hostess was too busy being cashier to sit the waiting customers.


We shopped for some provisions in Jerry's Food Store and stopped  at  H2O Outfitters and Footloose to window shop.  On the drive back we stopped at Ding Darling Education Center to buy some Stokes Bird Books.  It began to cloud up again so we headed home and beat the rain which started just as we unloaded the car  around 4PM.

Since we had a late and somewhat large lunch, we decided to have a light supper tonight.  I prepared a Frittata with roasted red peppers and leftover Angel Hair pasta and a grilled Andouille sausage served with tomatoes slices topped with mozzarella cheese and basil with toast.  This quick and simple meal was just right and more delicious that I thought would be.

It was a quiet night with some TV.  That's all, folks!

No comments: