Thursday, February 2, 2017

First Day of Travel to Captiva

 Thursday, Feb 2, 2017
      Hello and welcome! Al and I are traveling again to Captiva Island for 6 weeks of sun and sand on this beautiful island.   This begins my daily diary/blog of our annual trip to Captiva Island on the west coast of Florida west of Ft. Meyers and Sanibel Island.  I will be writing about our daily activities  and adventures in Florida.  Please join us as we enjoy our stay. This is my first post since our last Captiva trip in 2016.

 We left around 8:00 am in the morning getting up early at 5:30.  We had packed the car yesterday all except food for the trip, computers, and toiletries. The morning was a cold 24 degrees and a bit snowy.  The sky was cloudy and remained that way  all day.   Our first stop was Farragut, TN to visit Cecilia, my sister.  We arrived at the motel about 4:30 and checked in at the Super 8 at 11748 Snyder Road, right off  I75. 

 
We then headed to Cecilia's and then to a fun dinner at Calhoun's. 
 Al had Hickory Smoked Bar-B-Q ribs(half slab) served with slaw and baked beans.  Cecilia and I both had Southern-Fried Catfish and Spinach Maria which is the best spinach!!!  I ordered the Macadamia Nut Banana Pudding with 3 spoons....it was a huge dessert (more than we three could eat) and outrageously delicious!

We had a great evening with Cecilia and look forward to another visit with her on our return in 6 weeks.
More Travel to come tomorrow.
 

No comments: