Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 14 on Captiva

Another early walk on the beach but did not pick up any shells.   Very quiet this morning.  I only saw a few willets:



I walked over to the bay and found a few early birds including a flock of Ibis who settled in a tree by the dock above the bench where I sat.










 Above is the resident Osprey next door to the dock.
 
Al was busy on the porch on his computer while I did my walking tour of the beach and bay.
I made us Roasted Chicken Soup with Vegetables (from a can) and sandwiches for lunch.  Hot soup was good on this cool day.
 
We spent the afternoon between the beach and bay.  We spent the time watching birds and boats go by and napping.



 
 

 
I walked to the bay to check out the afternoon visitors but only found Brown Pelicans, one Commorant,  and one White Pelican.
 


 
Dinner tonight was at Timbers where we always enjoy the food and service.
Al had an appetizer of Clams on the half shell.  For dinner he had broiled Sea Scallops with sweet potato, veggies, and salad.   I had Steamed shrimp-peel and eat-with clam chowder and rice pilaf.  This was served with their Honey Bread by our server Laura who was excellent


On the way out we bought Red Snapper and Beef Tenderloins at the Fish Market for Saturday and Sunday dinners.
 
 
 
 

No comments: