Thursday, February 25, 2016

Day 27 on Captiva

After very heavy rain and winds yesterday,  I knew this morning would be a good time for shelling.  Just as the sun rose, I headed to the beach to collect shells and I was the first on the beach so I got first dibs.  There were a lot of Fighting Conch but many were live so one has to be careful to only pick up the dead ones.  Also a lot of Lightning Whelks, scallops, cockles, olives, sunray venus, and turkey wings were found to mention a few.  I found an Alphabet Cone but it has a stink so not sure if I will be able to remove the odor. I think I saw almost every Florida shell on the beach where I walked except for Junonia, Starfish, Sand Dollar, and Scotch Bonnet.

It was extremely windy on the beach and I felt that I was going to be blown away at times but only my hat was blown off.   The surfers had just begun to arrive as I left and more shell collectors began to show up.  I spent the rest of the day inside working on this blog and editing pictures.   Not much else to report.

I heated up some Tomato with Basil soup for lunch and made Deluxe Grilled Cheese (that's with a slice of tomato) sandwich which we ate inside.

Dinner was Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya made with a recipe that I have used for years.   Served with salad and hot rolls.

No comments: