Saturday, February 27, 2016

Day 29 on Captiva

Another Saturday has arrived.  Another week gone.  After the usual start to our day with coffee and pastries, we spent the more relaxing.  We lunched at Doc Ford's in Captiva served by a lady from Rhode Island with a heavy Northeastern accent.  Al ordered a cup of Clam Chowder with an order of Fried Calamari-the best crunchy Calamari on the islands.  I opted for a bowl of the Chowder...great on a  cool day.  But I also enjoyed some of his Calamari.




Al then had an appointment for a massage at the Spa.  I spent time reading while I waited for him.
He said he felt like a new man after the therapeutic massage.  Melissa, the masseur, really worked deep on his injured leg muscles.

The rest of  the afternoon was spent sunning and reading on the beach.  I took a nap (which I never do) before dinner as I have not felt very well....had a sleepless night in Captiva.   Al volunteered to fetch dinner from Lazy Flamingo so I did not have to cook.   He brought home Mesquite-Grilled Ribs with Fries and Coleslaw.   We had a delicious meal  and a good ending for the evening.

No comments: