Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 19 on Captiva

Today began early as usual with our coffee and pastries.  I skipped my walk on the beach and worked on a couple of cards and Al enjoyed his time on the porch.  For lunch I made Matzo Ball soup using Manischewitz  Mix which was a nice change on a coolish day.

We drove up to Chadwick Square Shops for a look around I purchased some Sea Glass earrings at the Beach Life.









We then made a stop at the Island Store for some provisions and headed back to the house.
It was a bit windy for the beach so we spent some time at the dock on the bay.   A young pelican was resting on the dock as we approached and did not budge from his spot on the dock.



He sat quietly while we photographed these birds:



And he was still there when we left the dock.
 
We watched the sunset around 6:20ish and Al made these shots:


 
I videod the last few seconds of the setting sun.
If you are seeing this in an email,
you must go to my blog using the link below
 and  click on the video to view.
 
For dinner I prepared Shrimp with Red Peppers, Mushrooms, and Garlic and served over a bed of Grits made with Mozzarella  Cheese.  This went nicely with Arugula Salad and glasses of wine.

No comments: