Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 15 on Captiva

This week has gone fast, already 2 weeks on the island.  After coffee and pastries, Al and I went to the Bailey Tract on Sanibel for a hike and bird watching about 8:30...turned out to be mostly hiking since we did not see that many birds.  As we were leaving, we saw a large pod of White Pelicans soaring high in the sky in rhythmatic  motion.   It was like watching music in motion.  I caught part of it on a video that I will try to edit and post later.



 
 



 




 




We then went home for lunch of sandwiches and Al went to the Sanibel Spa for a massage.  After he came home we went to the beach.   It was again very windy and several Kite Surfers were making the best of the surf.
 
If you are viewing this in email, go to the link at the bottom to view on my blog.
Click on the arrow to see video.
I was able to capture some of their moves on video:
 
 
 
For dinner I prepared Panko Crusted Red Snapper from Timbers Fish Market and served with Fried Okra and Caprese Salad, all ingredients from Sanibel Farmers Market.
 

No comments: